Statement of Principles
- Community Partner- We understand the significant of each facility and the importance of ensuring factors such as encroachment do not inhibit the ability of the military facilities in Bossier from operating efficiency and effectively now or at anytime in the future.
- Advocate – We identify and monitor military issues at the local, state and federal levels that affect Barksdale Airforce Base and the community in partnership with Barksdale Forward.
- Funding- We will work along with Barksdale Forwards to advocate for the funding of Barksdale Air Force Base to ensure its longevity in Bossier Parish and needs of its current and future missions.
2012 Public Policy Priorities
- Consolidated Communications Facility- Support and Monitor $19 million in FY 20012 budget to fund construction Consolidated Communications Facility at Barskdale Air Force Base
- Entrance Road and Gate Complex- Support and monitor the project as to insure timely completion of the New Gate Complex and I-220 terminus into Barksdale
- Base Civil Engineering Complex- $12.2 million in funding through the Air Force Civil Engineering Demolition and Consolidation account should be monitored to fund this project
- Strengthening services provided to Veterans- Provide Drivers’ Licenses issued to Veterans and Extension of TOPS eligibility for certain students who reenlist in the military and maintain continuous active duty